| "Blue Sunday"|
Season Four, Episode One
Directed by Courteney Cox
Written by Bill Lawrence
Air Date - January 8, 2013 on ABC
Opening Sequence Subtitle: Welcome back to [title] Thanks, TBS. Can we curse on TV now?
Previous Episode: My Life/Your World
Next Episode: I Need to Know
Jules and Grayson are in their first week of marriage, but it's not all wedded bliss for the latter, who has a lot to learn about being Jules' husband. Meanwhile, Bobby tries giving fatherly advice to Travis after he turns 21, and Ellie and Laurie console a depressed Jules when Grayson won't apologize for what he did in her dream.
- Courteney Cox as Jules Cobb
- Christa Miller as Ellie Torres
- Busy Philipps as Laurie Keller
- Dan Byrd as Travis Cobb
- Josh Hopkins as Grayson Ellis
- Ian Gomez as Andy Torres
- Brian Van Holt as Bobby Cobb
- Robert Clendenin as Tom
- Nicole Sullivan as Lynn Mettler
- Brad Morris as Jerry
- "Champion Sound" by Crystal Fighters
- This is the first episode of Cougar Town to premiere on TBS.
- The episode opens with an inside joke about the show's hiatus and network move.
- Bobby's advise to Travis about driving the ladies wild is called "Nonnilingus": getting her naked then kissing everywhere but her naughty parts.
- The phrase "Having Junk in the Trunk" now means one has emotional baggage.
- Travis tries out the nick name "Adno" for Andy.
- Grayson admits that he loves mime.
- The end of the episode features a mock preview for the season including Jules, Ellie, and Laurie pregnant; a gay love affair between Andy and Grayson; Jules gaining magical powers; Michelle Williams starring as Laurie's sister; and the death of Tom.
- This episode takes place one week after Jules and Grayson's wedding in the Season Three finale.
|Season Four Episodes|