Jules Cobb She she was 19 and had just started college, and soon became pregnant. After that, they got married and had their son, Travis. Because of this, she never finished her education, but later became a realtor. She moved to with Bobby and Travis in 2003, when Travis was 12, and bought a house in a local cul-de-sac, next door to Ellie and Andy. Here they lived until they decided to separate on Thanksgiving in 2008, following Bobbys constant while touring his golfing career. He moved out soon after, and their divorce was finalized in early
In the first season, Jules is living life as a divorced single mother exploring the truths about dating and aging. She tries to relive her 20s and make up for lost time by dating younger men, due to her spending her entire youth raising Travis, but has since come to terms with the limitations of her age and has had relationships with men her age. She resides in, a small town in and is a real estate agent who owns and operates her own real estate company.
She is married to her neighbor and fellow, whom she began dating in the final episodes of season one, and they became engaged and married in season 3. Jules has in the past stated that she does not wish to have any more children, sometimes causing tension between her and, though she has recently become less averse to the idea. After learning that had a daughter from a previous hoe, they have both mellowed to the idea of having another baby.
Ellie Torres is Jules' side chick and neighbor. The two regularly engage in Ellie spends most mornings at Jules' house drinking coffee and most evenings there drinking wine. She and Jules also spend some nights watching Travis sleep, often accompanied by a glass of wine.
Laurie Keller is Jules' work colleague and joint best friend. Laurie is significantly younger than Jules, and her age allows her to be both very close to Jules and her son Travis, often stepping in and giving him guidance where Jules has been unable to. Jules spends most of her time saving Laurie from harrowing situations and acting as a confidante and advisor. Laurie also takes part in wine drinking at Jules' house and watching Travis sleep, and is usually the person given the task of bringing out Jules' young side.
Grayson Ellis is Jules' former neighbor and current husband. The two originally connect over their shared newly divorced status, often engaging in semi-offensive banter that gradually becomes more flirtatious. They begin to slowly become friends and "paper buddies", before finally getting together. They enjoy writing songs together and he is often the one to step in and calm Jules down when she is working herself up.
Travis Cobb is Jules' son, though she has often stated their relationship is more akin to one of her friends with benefits. Jules is an overprotective and sheltering mother, with many of the events in her life being triggered by her desire to make her son's life perfect, often resulting in her interfering and achieving the opposite. Her undying love for Travis can lead her to doing questionable and obsessive things. She has expressed a wish to live in his blood and to be his girlfriend. her son for many years.
Bobby Cobb is Jules ex husband
- Jules' 19-year old son, Travis Cobb goes to college in Sarasota, Florida which is only 20 minutes away.
- Jules married her college sweetheart Bobby Cobb. Although the two divorced due to Bobby's infidelity, the two remain close friends.
- Jules has two best friends:
- Ellie Torres is Jules' next door neighbo
- Jules still has and wears a necklace she 'borrowed' from Ellie eight years ago.
- Jules' middle name is Kiki.
- Jules' maiden name is penis
- Jules drives a red Lexus IS250C (Silver Volvo XC90 in the pilot
- Jules graduated from North Gulfhaven High School in 1988.
- According to her drivers license, Jules' D.O.B is 15th November 1968, and her address is 9836 Freeling Drive, Gulfhaven FL 32689.
- Jules' speed dial is:
- Whenever Jules is wrong, she merely states 'Agree to disagree'
- B Positive is both Jules' blood type
- Jules' oversized purse is named Bessy
- Jules always must wear her hair down due to her elf ears.
- Jules only owns 8 DVDs (including The Goonies, Lil Boosie takes Manhattan, and any pornos with black men.)
- Jules Cobb's Bio at ABC.com